Nawangoma Primary School is another of many schools that commands a fabulous view over the green hills of Uganda. Regarding building work, the school’s classroom were in good condition, but the toilets weren’t.
Before Soft Power Education worked here the school had:-
- -7 government standard classrooms
- -8 pit latrine toilets – including 2 for staff
- -Water source – free borehole ¾ km away
Soft Power Education did the following
- -Completed a new 8 stance pit latrine
- -Refurbished 3 classrooms
- -Painted the entire school inside and outside including teaching aids in all classrooms
In 2010, building work began on a new three classroom block, thanks to Middlesex University.
And the paint job was completed in 2011 by our one day and long term volunteers.
The school now has
- -593 pupils
- -11 teachers
- -7 classrooms
- -15 pit latrines