Mpumwire Primary School hangs on the border between the Budondo and Butagaya sub-counties. The school itself sits on a hill, overlooking the communities and dusty red paths below.
Before Soft Power Education worked here the school had:-
- -816 pupils
- -12 teachers
- -6 government standard classrooms – 6 condemned
- -7 pit latrine toilets
- -Water source – stream
During the summer of 2004 Madventure volunteers living locally within the village, helped us on site.
Soft Power Education has done the following:-
- -Installation of a 8,000 ltr water catchment system
- -Refurbished 6 classrooms
- -Internal and external decorating of 9 classrooms
- -Sensitised the local community and school on water catchment and maintenance
- -Ran a successful voluntary Youth Training Scheme for young males in the community