The pupils here wear a bright pink uniform. During the summer of 2005 we were assisted in our work by a group of 8 volunteers from Madventure. They lived within the community and worked for 5 weeks at the school.
Before we came to Butiki the school had:-.
- -950 pupils
- -26 teachers
- -6 classrooms – 3 more under construction
- -12 pit latrine toilets
- -Water source – a spring 1km away
Soft Power has since done the following:-
- -Completed refurbishment of 5 classrooms
- -Completed refurbishment of an office block and library
- -Installed a 50,000 litre underground water catchment tank
-Painted the entire school inside and out including teaching aids
In 2009 we built 2 more classrooms in response to the huge enrolment at this school. The whole school enjoyed a fresh coat of paint too! This year they have been lucky to recieve a further 2 classrooms thanks to the incredible fundraising of Josh and Jeremy (right). They came in August 2010 and have helped the builders with everything from digging foundations to plastering the walls. A huge thank you to all Josh and Jeremy’s friends and family back in Australia for making this possible!