Buwenda Primary School is on the edge of Budondo Sub-county, half way between Jinja town and Bujagali Falls but actually falls into Mafubira Sub-county. The school sits on top of a hill with a very impressive view out over the River Nile.
Before Soft Power Education worked here the school had:-
- -894 pupils
- -21 teachers
- -11 classrooms – 4 of which are condemned
- -10 pit latrine toilets
- -Water source – 1 km away
With volunteers from Madventure and a large donation from The Rice family – aided by Fran and Collen – Soft Power has done the following:-
- -Construction of a 12 stance pit latrine
- -Complete refurbishment of 3 classrooms
- -Internal and external painting of all classrooms including teaching aids
- -Installation of a 8,000 ltr water catchment system
- -Ran a successful voluntary Youth Training Scheme for young males in the community
- -Completed the construction of a brand new three classroom block (after demolition of a condemned block).